At Comevo, we’re dedicated to helping our community and those who are less fortunate. Our employee volunteer program encourages – and rewards – staff who get involved with a local nonprofit or charity. And each year, our employees select a few organizations that will receive a percentage of our quarterly profits. This year’s list includes:
2017 Scholarship Program
Congratulations to our 2017 Scholarship Winners!
2017 Four Year University Scholarship Recipients
Mirella Maldonado, San Jose State University $2000
Amber Spilove, St. Joseph University $2000
Emilie Rott, Montana Tech of the University of Montana $2000
2017 Community College Scholarship Recipients
Mason Mendoza, Columbia College $1000
Coty Huneau, Henry Ford College $1000
The Food Bank Coalition of SLO County is to work with a network of community partners to alleviate hunger in San Luis Obispo County and build a healthier community.
The mission of the Food Bank Coalition is to work with a network of community partners to alleviate hunger in San Luis Obispo County and build a healthier community.
The Vision of the Food Bank Coalition of San Luis Obispo County is that every person in the county has adequate access to nutritious food.
- Every human being has the right to nutritious food, regardless of the reasons that they may not be able to obtain it for themselves.
- The Food Bank’s intent is not only to help make nutritious food available through our programs and agencies, but also to encourage and support each person we serve, recognizing their possible vulnerabilities and sensitivities.
- Everyone the Food Bank serves, whether individuals, families, or agencies deserve to be treated with kindness, respect, and dignity.
The Hearst Cancer Resource Center (HCRC) at French Hospital is a one-of-a-kind resource in San Luis Obispo County for those living with cancer and their families, where all services are offered at no charge.
The goal of the HCRC is to help those with cancer learn about the disease, recognize opportunities for improved health, build a personal support system, and gain a sense of extended family. The HCRC is dedicated to serving cancer patients and their families: ranging from those newly diagnosed with cancer, in treatment, in recovery, and beyond.
Free services include:
- Nurse navigator to guide, advocate and support patients through their journey
- Social services and support programs offer one-on-one, family, and financial counseling
- Nutritional counseling to achieve health and well-being goals
- Treatment techniques to aid in holistic well-being and relaxation
- Appearance center with resources for cancer patients to look and feel their best
- Spiritual and therapeutic social activities to strengthen community bases
The Hearst Cancer Resource Center is located at:
1941 Johnson Ave, Suite 201A
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Committed to ending the global water and sanitation crisis, Lifewater International is a non-profit Christian water development organization dedicated to effectively serving vulnerable children and families with safe water, sanitation and hygiene.